05 November 2007

customer service pet peeves

I never knew that dealing with an angry caller could be so confusing. Today I sat in a meeting discussing a list of phrases to train my employees with when dealing with upset people. We can't say "sorry" "no problem" "policy" "you know" "like"....the list goes on and on. When did it get so confusing?! The sad part is is that its necessary. You would be amazed at the types of callers we get. Completely irrational, rude, demeaning, ignorant, and down right mean! How am I supposed to help someone when they are yelling at me!? "ma'am I'm trying to help you..." "no you're not, you don't know nuttin' 'bout me. You've ruined my life." Come on lady. Really. Pull yourself together. I couldn't have ruined your life. You ruined your life with your procrastination. So many things I wish I could say to people but instead I say, "I can see you're frustrated, let me help you." I actually had a woman the other day say, "you don't understand, I'm in the military, not that you even care. You probably don't even care about your country." I was actually speechless. I love my job:)

4 comments:

Lisah said...

How does this relate to Advertising? I must have missed something about your job description!?!? HA HA! You gotta love the general public! You especially have to watch out for the old ladies... they are REALLY nasty! LOVE YA... wish we could have done more. The time always goes too fast!

Laura said...

I love your independent study stories...by the way...I became completely entangled in Spider Webs this morning as a I walked out the door. Do you know anything about that:) Haha. You definitely got us back.

Laura said...

Hey sorry I didn't get out of bed when you guys came over last night. I wasn't feeling like the sharpest crayon in the box and I didn't think YOU were coming and I was already ill-disposed:) We should play games this week.

Wendy said...

OK Rach, I can honestly say I was dying laughing after reading that post... I mean seriously how would you answer a crazy psycho lunatic that is ranting and raving about not caring about your country, all the while you're supposed to be talking about independent study classes..... Rey's favorite saying applies here "People suck!" :) Seriously I don't know how you deal with stupid dumb people like that. You should have just said something random back to her like "Yeah well, your mama is ugly". Maybe that would have shut her up! :)