
Confession: I've never dieted.
I started my diet today. It's been a rough day.
Plan: Work out 5 times a week, eat smaller portions, eat less sweets, don't snack (the really hard one).
I've got 20 lbs to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight and 30 to lose to be at my goal weight.
Any suggestions on how to be faithful to your diet?
12 comments:
First...don't go cold turkey! Some people (myself included) think they need to cut out sweets entirely. Not true! Just try doing it once a week or a limited amount like that. Second, hold yourself accountable to somebody! I'm trying to lose weight myself, so let's motivate each other on! At least yours came with a baby....:)
I became addicted to canned peaches and other fruit, and that became my "sweets/candy." Good luck. They say it usually takes about 6 months to get back to your original weight.
Try to find snacks that are healthy because eliminating snacks is super hard! Especially after having a baby. Your brain needs food to stay awake if you're super tired (how can you not be?) and if you are nursing its common to feel like you're starving every time you sit down to feed her (including middle of the night!)
Also, if consistently working out is hard, go ahead and put your workout clothes on beforehand, including tennis shoes! Then in case you maybe aren't in the mood when you were planning on starting exercising, you'll already be ready so it is easier! =)
Good luck! You can do it!
I don't have advice about dieting because I never really have either, but my recommendation is keep nursing (if you are... :) )! I am almost 10 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Granted I have had a baby for a year now, but I did it without dieting and just going for a least one short walk every day.
I HATE dieting. I decided to go off sweets this past week and it taught me that it's just the first two days that are really hard--after that it starts to become habit. Also, you will be surprised how fast you shed the weight nursing. Little by little you'll get back to your old self. And obviously, I'm not the person to talk to about exercise. I don't think I've ever stuck to an exercise plan. Let me know when you figure that part out.
well if it makes you feel any better about the whole nursing thing... I nursed Chayse for 6 months and never lost a pound. Several of my friends are that way too. The only thing that has ever worked for me is Weight Watchers. you can have snacks and sweets but it is all about portion control. I know you are familiar with the program because I saw a book at your house! :) how creepy am I?? Call me if you want to try it. I actually just started on Monday so I could totally do it with you. Laura was right... having someone to be accountable to makes all the difference. AND FURTHERMORE... 6 WEEKS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO LOSE BABY WEIGHT GIRL!!! :)
i use livestrong.com to track everything i eat. it has been great at teaching me what to eat to get full that doesn't have many calories. i have lost 10 pounds in a month using just that. i don't workout at all.
The only thing that works for me is counting calories. I've quit every diet I've ever been on. But my husband and I started hitting the gym 4 times a week and sticking to a set daily amount of calories about a month ago. Seems to be working: I'm down 6 pounds, he's down 10. It's nice because sure, I can have that cake, but that's a 400 calorie hit in my 1500calories and I'm not willing to give up that much. Plus, it's been kinda interesting seeing how many calories are in stuff: nutritiondata.com. Trust me, you'll never have a taco salad again.
not a clue. When you find out what works let me know because I will have to do that in 6 months.
Just make sure your goals are realistic, otherwise you risk messing up (and quickly!) and then just give up all together. Start small and then move up from there.
Hey you...just stick with me and I will be your guide...after all...now that I'm going to be an athletic trainer...I will know all sorts of cool stuff:)
Rachael,
I just got Geneil and Claire walk at home DVDs, like one I've been using lately. They aren't even pregnant yet! But I want them to have something they can do at home with a small baby or toddler for exercise. I have come to learn how important exercise is for physical and emotional well being and I wish I would have stayed committed to it when I was where you are. I know I would have avoided many difficulties in my life had I been exercising an hour a day 5 days a week. I did it before I was married but moved to the farm and didn't like running alone. Learn to do it for YOU, you'll be glad you did. Also, when you eat something on your Tabu list, let it go and move on, NO BEATING OF THYSELF! Something else I have found, pray about it. You'll be surprised how much inspiration you get like "Don't eat that, you have .....in the pantry, eat that."
Remember that you really only taste the first bite or two and so that is all the Treat you need. Make sure you drink enough water, and hug and kiss that baby! Well, BOTH your babies!
Take care cutie!
Lanette
Post a Comment